Hygiene, Safety and Ease of Manufacture
The most common use of Radio Frequency (RF or High Frequency) welding is in the manufacture of commode seats & pressure relief mattresses. However, more applications are being highlighted by the "Design out" design process, particularly as part of the cross-infection control programme.
- RF welded products are easier to sterilise.
- RF Welding, fuses similar plastics without the need for solvents or adhesives, this can offer:
- Joints that don't harbour pathogens.
- Clean manufacture and less complicated disposal.
- An opportunity to reduce the number of components needed to make a product.
- Easier CE Mark Certification, because fewer components materials are involved.
- RF welding offers scaleable production, whilst using common components.
- RF Works has the scope to produce large and small prototypes; our largest welding table is 4m x 2m.
- We can use RF welding, heat sealing, vacuum forming, gluing or sewing, whichever is the most appropriate production method.
- We have practical experience in seeking patents, designs (and trademarks) and can help you seek further professional advice in these areas.
- We have facilities for tool making, welding, gluing, heat sealing, sewing and vacuum forming.
- We can help eliminate potential problems with function, manufacture, costing, testing and CE accreditation.
- Richard Fletcher has history in healthcare: his product designs have won prestigious, Independent Living Design Awards in 1997, 2000 & 2003 and, Best use of innovation at Medtrade 2005.
We can also:
- Source materials
- Source components
- Make you prototypes
- Design really good products
- Help you choose the most suitable manufacturer for your needs
The use of generic and brand names for components and materials can make it difficult to trace a necessary component; we can help you with this.
For further information on our services, please contact us.